Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thing 1 of 23 Things

About Thing 1
  • Frustrated that it appears one must know more about how to read html code in order to change the background color of the blog's template. Easy color changes are only for text, it appears. I saw that I could download the template in html. If anyone can help me with how to change the header template background color, I would appreciate it.

  • Viewing the Minitex tutorial before getting started on setting up the blog was VERY helpful and am glad that I did so before starting.

  • While setting up a Yahoo avatar was mildly amusing, the images available are poorly rendered. Wii game avatars are more fun. The avatar comes down as soon as possible.

  • It appears one cannot move the avatar to any place other than within the hierarchy on the right hand side of my template....could not move it to the bottom, for instance...so it is a misnomer to say that you can move page elements around anywhere.

  • Google help cleared up the fact that the email account in the header, visible to me, is, in fact, not visible to users of the blog...which is how I wanted it.

  • It is totally freaking me out that whatever I write is visible to the whole world!

No comments: