Thursday, March 20, 2008

thing 8: Mosaic (Big Huge Lab) and efolio

I have a link on the side bar to the photos I found but it didn't make an image. I am not quite sure why.

I will write more about this later.

Later (edited 4/3/08).....I went to Big Huge Lab --the mosaic link and then brought up the html from the previously constructed sidebar element which had the flickr url locations of the photos I wanted to use. I set up a 3 x 3 grid and then pasted the urls into the 9 locations. This, still, just gave me a list of links to each individual photo in the side bar.

I looked some more and there was a prompt to save the mosaic (as a jpeg). After some experimentation, I realized I had to save this to my computer. When I did this, I deleted the old sidebar element and added a new one which was a picture rather than an html and voila, got the mosaic!!!

Efolio:
I use efolio to author the library only website, http://library.project.mnscu.edu


Thank goodness for efolio! Site hosting and updating is problematic in our organization and I can always get into efolio and make updates and edits to the library website and don't have to depend on anyone else or any other software!!! It has been a totally wonderful thing to have access to this for the library website.

I also previously looked at the other tools such as the slideshows but each of them had some drawbacks. In some of the teaching I do, anything that I can use that would not require students to have to have particular software to see the images is a good tool.

No comments: