Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 11: tagging and del.icio.us

Tags work a little differently in different environments (see what I wrote about LibraryThing)!

I have looked at the del.icio.us material and set up the widget and tag function on my IE browser and started the import of one of my browser "favorites" folders. I am still waiting for the import to finish as I am writing this.

The idea of being able to get to my bookmarks from whereever is a great one. Anything that helps organize bookmarks will be great. Mine need a greater degree of organization. I don't know if del.icio.us will help enough or not until I can see how the imported ones appear and what else I should do with them.

I think it is also something that could be useful for some of our library users.

I also looked at Furl and Pagekeeper, which appear to have a better visual interface.

No comments: